National Guidelines for Massage Therapy + New HH Policies
1. All massage sessions will be performed exclusively at the office (75 S. Broadway, Suite 417 in White Plains). While COVID-19 still poses a threat, outcalls/in-home services are prohibited by National Guidelines.
Once given the go-ahead, I will notify clients when in-home sessions may resume. At that time, there will be a $50 additional fee for all in-home sessions to accommodate travel fees, and the cost of necessary PPE and sanitizing equipment.
2. Clients will be required to wear a clean mask for the duration of their time in the office- this includes wearing a mask during the massage. If you arrive without a mask, one will be provided for an additional fee. *please do not wear gloves into the office. Studies have shown they are regularly worn incorrectly, and are actually cross contaminating surfaces. If you wear gloves into the office, you will be asked to remove and dispose of them safely, and to wash your hands thoroughly.*
3. I will also be wearing masks for the duration of all massage sessions, and disposing/changing the mask for each client.
4. Payment will be required prior to your session, and will be accepted in form of Venmo, Apple Pay, PayPal, Chase Quick Pay, Zelle or through Stripe in confirmation emails.
5. When you arrive at the office for your session, you will be asked to remain in your car until you receive a phone call or text message from me, letting you know you’re clear to come up. This will provide space for social distancing between clients.
6. Appointments will be staggered to allow for social distancing, as well as plenty of time between clients for proper sanitizing procedures to take place. Proper disinfectants will be used (by national guidelines, this does NOT include essential oils or homemade vinegar solutions).
7. Prior to your appointment, you will be asked a series of questions by phone, text, or email, pertaining to signs and symptoms of COVID-19 or potential exposure. Responses must be received prior to your arrival.
8. If you present any cold/flu or potential COVID-19 symptoms in the days leading up to your appointment, I ask that you contact your PCP and cancel/reschedule your appointment until you are no longer symptomatic and/or receive a negative COVID-19 test result. Any client who arrives for their appointment displaying signs or symptoms of any potentially contagious illness will be charged in full and their appointment will be cancelled.
9. If a client finds they have been exposed to the virus or tests positive within 2 weeks following their massage appointment, please notify me immediately by phone or email so that I may alert others of potential exposure, while keeping your identity and personal information private.
10. Following your appointment, you will be asked to use a provided gel hand sanitizer before changing back into your clothes or touching door handles and other items in the room.
11. Because a face mask is worn by the client for the duration of the massage, safe face massage is not possible, and is therefore prohibited at this time.
12. Friends and family of the client will not be allowed to sit in the waiting area (unless they are that clients legal guardian).
I will be required to take my temperature twice daily, and to monitor myself for possible symptoms of COVID-19. I will also be investing in a professional cleaning service to launder all linens using industrial grade washers and dryers and bleach products for your safety, as well as purchasing single use PPE and changing between clients.